Founded in 2012, Rush Street Interactive (RSI) is a market leader in online casino and sports betting in the U.S. We’re building bridges between online, social and land-based gaming businesses to create amazing, integrated experiences that keep players in the game.
RSI plans to list on the NYSE through a merger with dMY Technology Group, Inc. As a rapidly growing company in an emerging industry, we are looking to immediately fill a Controller position, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer and leading the company’s financial accounting operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management to the Accounting team that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Manages accuracy and oversees filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Directs improvement of financial transaction cycles and identifies the need for other efficiency improvements.
- Develops and evaluates internal control policies and procedures.
- Implements ERP and quickly identifies areas of opportunity.
- Manages cash flow & treasury.
- Responsible for monthly financial close / financial reporting / technical accounting.
- Communicates with various business unit leaders to facilitate the monthly close process.
- Responsible for state reporting in accordance with regulator guidelines in the highly regulated gaming industry.
- Responsible for the consolidation of foreign entities.
- Serves as a liaison with external auditors.
- Responsible for acquisition integration.
- All other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- BA/BS/MS degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- 10+ years of related professional experience. Big Four background a plus.
- Leadership level communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Accounting software technical proficiency with NetSuite experience a plus.
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals.
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Collaboration & Teamwork – recognizes and supports team goals over individual goals.
- Problem Solving – is able to recognize and correct a potential accounting issue quickly and effectively.
- Integrity – implements and upholds company values.